Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh No

We had decided awhile ago to convert our playroom into a master bedroom with bathroom included. This all came about b/c of a leak from the upstairs bathroom that had created mold on the ceiling in the playroom. So Bryan started demoing a bit. He started by knocking down the wall between the laundry room and playroom and then all work stopped. Then about a month ago he installed the egress(sp?) window and then work stopped again. I want to utilize my whole house and not being able to the last 5 months has bugged me. Lately I started bugging Bryan about getting it done. I have been worried that it will be an ongoing project that sits for years and I want it done before the baby comes so I have a little bit of time to get the nursery ready and get my house back in order. Well come to find out our project is most likely going to take a little longer than planned and a bit more work is involved. We came home from a trip to Casper to find that our basement had flooded just a bit. Water came in from the laundry room and ran along the wall into the spare bedroom and also came in to our little storage area and ran along the wall into the family room. Luckily the worst places where the water decided to pool were in the rooms that had tile or concrete floors. So last night after all the tears had passed and my knees and back had gone numb from having to kneel to vacuum up water I was able to see the little light at the end of the tunnel that this to shall pass and that it wasnt really that bad nothing got destroyed (except my carpet in the playroom, not from the water) and we still had a house standing. Bryan started demoing some more. The family room wall is missing half of the wall and also there is concrete missing so we can install pipe and a subpump. So now I really am not able to utilize my whole house we are pretty much confined to the upstairs and already I miss being able to tell my kids to go downstairs and play and it has only been a day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh sister, what did we talk about? NEVER make a post without pictures of those little mischeivous kids of yours.
On the other hand, come live with me until this all passes! :)

Sheena said...

I'm so sorry! I know when our basement flooded that one year I was devestated and our basement isn't even finished. I looked at it and thought we'd never be able to finish it. Fortunately the pump works and it hasn't flooded since. Now if we could just get it done. I'm always worried that the pump will go out and the basement will flood again. Hope repairs and the room get done quickly.