Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Mixture of Crazyness

At the begining of Novemeber I packed up all the kids and we drove to Lville (laramie) for a quick visit with Carissa and Quintin. I think a lot of people thought of it as pure crazyness, but I needed to get out of the house and go somewhere far from Gtown (gillette) I had not gone anywhere for a good 3 months and was going a little stir crazy. I got the kids and myself all packed up then loaded into the car. Heidi was fed and then strapped into her carseat and then the older two were strapped in. Then as a last minute thought remembered that the portable DVD player was being a little touchy and with my fingers crossed strapped it to the seats and turned it on. After a few minutes of tinkering with it and a few words, said in my head I took it down and placed it nicely under the seats and debated what to do while driving towards Mcdonalds. There was an interesting commentary going on in my head. about what to do. I couldnt decide whether or not to just head out and pray that the kids would be perfect angels without it. I had really painted a pretty picture of Hannah and Hayden falling asleep or sitting in their seats so nicely that I didnt even know they were there or brave taking all three out of the car again and treking into Wal-Mart to see what wonderful options they offered. Then it hit me...Radio Shack was right by Mcdonalds and usually didnt get too busy at one time, just on occasion. So instead of braving Wal-Mart we braved Radio Shack instead and walked out with a new DVD player. Then after spending 45 minutes setting it up and trying to figure out how to turn it on and a few more words said in my head again we were ready to go. Needless to say the ride down was great. I really didnt hear a peep out of the kids except the occasional snore or heavy breathing, since all three of them ended up falling asleep. Needless to say the DVD player worked great.

 
 






Even though getting down to Lville took awhile once we got there we had a great time. That Friday it was such a beautiful day that we packed a picnic lunch and went to the park. Hannah and Hayden had a great time playing on all the equipment with Uncle Q. Heidi had a great time sleepig in her carseat. Then on Saturday Carissa and I went to her baby open house while uncle Q watched Hannah and Hayden. Before we came back I had to make sure to bring him a Mtn Dew as a great big thank you. Then that night Carissa made pizza and the kids got to make their own. THANK YOU Carissa and Q for letting us come.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a blast having you guys! We enjoyed you and can't wait for the next visit! :)