Monday, November 8, 2010

Grandparents


I have such wonderful memories of my grandparents. I will always remember going to Grandpa and Grandma Jacksons house for Thanksgiving and having the football game on and for Christmas the movie A Christmas Story playing in the background. My Grandpa Jackson would always get me hyper before we let to go home and that was usually by tickling me until it seemed like I couldnt laugh anymore. I would go and help Grandma Jackson wrap Christmas presents and while there would get a story or two about my Dad growing up. I also remember watching the movie While You Were Sleeping and Sleepless in Seattle with her. I remember going on walks with Grandma Sessions. When she lived in Moorcroft we would go looking for arrowheads and after she moved to Casper we would walk around the block with her dog Festus. Summer break I also got opprotunities to stay with Grandpa and Grandma Sessions. We didnt do anything really special it was just to be able to spend time with them. I learned to love shopping with my Grandma Sessions. Grandpa Sessions has always been a hard worker getting up in early in the morning and returning in time for dinner. He always went to bed after dinner and I could always hear the tv in his room and it was always a western. I also had the privelage of knowing my Great Grandparents. I remember going to Lovell to visit Great Grandpa and Grandma Negro. We always called Grandma Negro G.G. and it was Grandpa Chuck. I remember Grandpa Chuck wearing his Yankee hat. I swear he slept with it on. We would go down to Utah every summer and while there we stayed with either my Great Grandpa Tyler or Great Grandpa and Grandma Jackson. Everytime we arrived at Grandpa and Grandma Jackson it seemed like G.Grandpa Jackson was sitting at the table playing cards. G.Grandma Jackson was always smiling and it always seemed like she was doing something in the kitchen. Also at their house was a tree swing that we would take turns riding on. I remember always taking Great Grandpa Tyler out to eat. Or we would go visit him at his house. He really was an amazing man. Him and my Great Grandma Tyler served a mission together in Hawaii. He also taught himself how to speak spanish. We would aslo call my Great Grandpa and Grandma Sessions Grandpa and Grandma Ha-Ha because they had these dolls they got from Hawaii. A couple of years ago I went into the house that they used to live in and didnt even realize it until I walked in. It brought back a few memories.  
I am so glad that my children are having the same opprotunity to know so many of their grandparents and hopefully they will be able to create memories of their own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I remember grape nut cereal at gma and gpa jackson's house in Salt Lake and that seal that was by her front door AND rolling down the hill. I can't believe you didn't put that in! Hello..rolling races!

Chelsey said...

I remember now. Great times. I also remember the green apple trees in Gpa Tylers yard