Friday, October 10, 2008

A bit of Catch Up

Today is the first day that we woke up and found (most of) the ground covered in white. So now that we have the first snow over with, I am looking forward to the end of winter. One thing that we miss about selling our car is the remote starter. It was so nice to be able to push a button and have the car warmed up before we even got out there. We didnt have to worry about getting all bundled up to run outside and start the car just to run back in get all unbundled and then get the kids ready to leave, just to have the car warmed up. Hopefully, maybe, one of these days we will find the money to get one put on the van.
So far taking Hannah's milk away for nap time has gone great. The first couple of days she would lay down and ask for it but then yesterday she didnt even ask for it. I am thinking that tonight may be the night that we start taking her milk away. I just hope that I have the strength if she starts to throw a fit to just ignore her. Good Luck to me! I am looking forward to having to stop worrying about having to wash the sheets every morning b/c milk has leaked all over. And once we have this down potty training here we come.
Before we had Hayden I was worried how Hannah would handle no longer being the only child. And at first she had her moments of throwing her tantrums and just being a bit whinny, but now she has become a great big sister. She is always wanting Hayden to join in with some of the things that she is doing, and when she wakes up he is the first things she asks about. Hannah has also discovered that she can make Hayden laugh at some of the things that she does like jumping on the bed and running around that room, I know my kids are easily entertained. Once she discovers that he is laughing at her she will keep doing it and he will laugh hysterically. Its one of the cutest things ever. I know that this will probably not last and a day will come when there will be hitting and name calling and someone will end up crying. But I am enjoying the now.
And on that note...Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Geraldine said...

Sounds like you have a little Bryan on your hands. He would act so silly trying to get everyone to laugh when he was little. Keep up the good work with Hannah. I can hardly wait to see all of you again. Hopefully we will be there Friday Night.