Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crafty

Lately I have gotten a little crafty. I found on another blog a step by step guide on how to make "Cinch" Bags. I made on for Hannah to use for her backpack for Preschool and one for Hayden. I am really amazed at how well they turned out. It was the first time I had used a sewing machine so with the help of my Mom and her sewing machine I was able to do it.

I also decided to make the kids a Quiet Book for sundays during Sacrament. Last Sunday was the first Sunday that they got to use it and it worked marvelous for Hannah. It kept Hayden entertained for a little bit. I am going to be starting on a second one so that in months to come I dont have to worry about them fighting over it. I know that I have a little bit of time to get it done since Hayden is only entertained with one item for about 5 minutes. I used the Finch Family Games book to do it. They say to use file folders for the projects but I figured it would be best to but them in a binder to keep it all together and not all over the place. Below are a couple of the pages. I also laminated pages that they could color on and got the washable crayons so I can just wipe the page off with a wipe and they can use it again.






On Wednesday the kids and I went down to Casper. One of the main reasons was to go to Sams Club and stock up on some items again, but also to go down and see my Grandma Sessions and Mom. Mom has been down in Casper helping Grandma redo her kitchen. While down there I was able to get the kids Christmas done. Alls that I have left for them is to find Hannah a pair of brown shoes that I am going to order on-line. I am thankful to say that I am half way done with the Christmas shopping. Also when we got home that night there was a little trampoline still in the box setting up against the wall. When I saw it I was a bit skeptical and was thinking that it was "an accident waiting to happen." So during lunch yesterday Bryan came home and set it up. I am still skeptical and waiting for one of the kids to get hurt. But they do love it and it is somewhat perfect since it seems like they have springs built into their legs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on the bags! Hannah's hair is getting SO long and Hayden's too...it looks like a start to a mullet! :)

Shawnee said...

Good thing they have springs to jump on...they are pretty springy kids. :)

LDA said...

Yay for craftiness! Great job! I'm way impressed that you're already halfway done with Christmas shopping--go you!

Annie said...

Wow!!! I am impressed:) I also love the Halloween pictures.

I can't believe you have been married for four years! I still remember when you were engaged. Congratulations!