Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July 2011 (long post)

This last weekend the kids and myself went camping with my Mom, Dad, brothers: Jordan and Tyler and their families, and also my sister: Carissa and her family. We left Friday afternoon and made camp at West Ten Sleep on Buffalo side of the mountain. Then Saturday we got up and went over to the Greybull side of the mountain to attend the Merlin Sessions Reunion. Then on Sunday we spent a little time hiking and riding 4-wheelers and then we packed up and went home. We ended up spending more time in the car than actually camping but it was a good time to be able to see family that we dont get to see very often. We didnt do much on Monday. We spent our time around the house being lazy and that night some good friends, Taylor and Cody, came over for dinner and we went out in the middle of the street to watch fireworks through the trees.

Drinking Buddies (Heidi & Parker)
 Heidi and her Great Grandpa Sessions

Tyler and Cami brought up their horses, Pistol and Mellow, and they did a great job giving everyone a ride on them.
 The Fearless Riders & Hayden
 Hannah on Mellow
 Hayden & I on Mellow and Tyler
 Sheena & Keith on Mellow and Tyler

Q came up Saturday night with Dad, and the kids had a great time playing with him and chasing him around threatening to spank his butt. To answer his question of what he did to have the kids all ganging up on him is that they love their Uncle Q.
 Parker & Q
 Keith & Jordan
 Grandma Sessions & I
 Mom & I
 Not sure who this guy is but it actually turned out to make a good picture with him in it.

The Lyle Sessions Family
L-R: Jordan, Mike, Tammy, and Mom (standing)
Hayden, Tyler, Hannah, Cami w/Kaitlyn, Sheena w/Keith, Me w/ Heidi, Carissa w/Parker, Kenton, Matt, Kalton (sitting)
Grandma and Grandpa Sessions (in the front) 

I also learned a few things this weekend:

* camping with a 10 months old is not all that fun
* putting to babies (3 months) apart in the same car for 3 hour drive is not the best idea
* as much as I thought Hannah and Hayden would be afraid of horses they arent, they LOVED 'em
* Heidi snores
* You put myself, my Mom, and Grandma Sessions hiking together we are bound to find the trail that is the longest way back to camp
* And no matter how long it takes to get to the camping spot, or listen to 2 crying babies for 3+ hours in a car, or having to listen to each kid whine at different times in the day over some little thing it is all worth it b/c I love spending time with my family

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And I love spending time with you. Somethings to always look back on and laugh. Love the picture of Heidi and Parker. SUPER cute!

Unknown said...

Ahahaha I didn't notice it until I blew the picture up, to copy it, that tyler and cami have all the older kids. :) hehehe