Friday, March 11, 2011

White Chili

There are only a few things about winter that I like and one of those things is soup. There is nothing better than being able to have a nice warm bowl of soup on those cold winter nights. I have about 4 different potato soups that get made regularly b/c they are the ones that I know my little family will eat. So since Bryan has been out of town for the past few days I decided to take advantage of his absene and make chili. I dont mind the traditional "red" chili. I especially like it on baked potatoes with some cheese, but I actually prefer White Chili. To me it is much tastier. I got this recipe from my wonderful sister and love it.

White Chili
1lb chicken, thawed and diced
1 med. onion
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 T oil
2 15 oz cans garbonzo beans
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
2 4oz can green chilies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1 C sour cream
1/2 C heavy whipping cream

Cook the chicken, onion, garlic powder in oil until chicken is cooked. Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 min. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese. ENJOY!

*Last night as I was rumagging (sp?) through my cupboards I found that I didnt have any cayenne pepper. You can leave it out if you like the chili is already a bit spicey the cayenne pepper would just add a bit of hotness to it as well. Either way it is delisous. *

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is delish! Glad you enjoyed it!

LDA said...

We have a recipe kind of like that too--it is yummy!!

nina said...

Mmmmm... sounds good, I think I'll buy the ingredients this week.