Thursday, July 8, 2010

ER Visit


Last Tuesday the kids and I went with my Mom and cousin Tristen to Casper to visit with my Grandma Sessions and also to visit Sams. Side Note: as a kid I used to hate going to Sams and now its one of my favorite stores. While we were at the mall the kids where playing in the play area and Hayden being our little daredevil was jumping off of the play bridge and landed on his left ankle wrong. After the incident he cuddled up to me and ended up falling asleep. We went and did alittle more shopping and after he woke up he took a step and ended up falling. So after much debate I decided to take him to the ER. My wonderful Mom went which was good b/c I wasnt able to go into the x-ray room. I got to stand outside of the door and hear his cries. After a few hours we found out it wasnt broken just sprained. I learned that it is very hard for a little kid to break their foot b/c it isnt fully developed yet, as you can see from the x-rays above. I was told to let him walk on it when he was ready and it took a whole week for him to be ready. He would just crawl around or walk on his knees. Now his little knees are all scrapped up and bruised a bit. He just started walking on it Tuesday night and since then he walks slowly and limps just a bit. Im just glad that he is ok. While at the hospital Hayden was more worried about the ID bracelet they had to put on him. He wanted it off and a nurse walked by with purple scissors and he spotted them and kept pointing and grunting and saying cut. A nurse did come in a cut if off for him and he got a popsicle.

While waiting for the Dr.
Still waiting...
Enjoying his popsicle (w/o the ID bracelet)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh hum, I think that you also met a sweet someone in Casper as well. Who took care of your precious boy after getting hurt while you were finishing shopping.

Tiffany And Eric said...

Aw poor Little guy! Hope he is feeling better!!!!!