Monday, January 4, 2010

Chunky Monkey Pancakes

I have always loved to bake. I remember as a little girl helping my Mom make cookies and then as I got older doing it myself. Since then I have progressed from cookies to pies and some other goodies in between. I did, however, have a huge dislike for cooking especially after Bryan and I got married. I think some of that dislike atributed to the fact that I was pregnant and everything made me sick. Luckily in the past year or so I have shed that dislike for cooking and have grown to love it. I especially like to find new recipes by looking through cookbooks or searching the internet. I found a recipe for Chunky Monkey Pancakes and decided to try them out on the kids first since Bryan isnt open to to many new things.
They loved them and I love them which means the recipe is a keeper. The real test will be to see if Bryan likes them, of course without the nuts.

Chunky Monkey Pancakes
Combine together in a large bowl:
1 C. flour
2 Tsp. baking powder
1 Tsp. baking soda
1/4 Tsp. salt
In a seperate bowl whisk together:
3/4 C. milk
3T. butter, melted
2 eggs
1 T. sugar
1 Tsp. vanilla
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in hte wet,
careful not to over mix the batter.
Gently fold in:
1 large banana, diced
1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 C. nuts, chopped
*You can also leave the nuts out and they are still good*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word! I love chunky monkey ice cream (and thin mint)! I was hooked once I saw chunky monkey! Could you please make these when you come? :)

LDA said...

Sounds good!

nina said...

That does sound good, I think I'll have to try it.