Saturday, December 6, 2008

Choices

I have had time to ponder on one of the wonderful gifts our Heavenly Father gave us and that is our agency and our ability to choose for ourselves. I recently caved in to the craze of Twilight, I went and watched the movie and then read the book. In the book there is a character that can see future events and as long as the people keep making choices that take them to the future event it happens, but if a different choice is made then it changes the future all together. I think that relates to life. We were sent down here to prove ourselves and return to Heavenly Father. I am sure that before we came down we had a plan outlined with all the right choices that we were going to make. But as we became old enough to decide for ourselves we realized that it wasnt as easy to always make the right choice and sometimes ended up off course and on a different path. We then had to make a series of good choices to get back on course. It seems that it is a neverending cycle b/c there will always be a time that we make choices that are not always right and take us off course for a little bit until we are able to find the right path again. I am very thankful for all the good choices I have made and for the blessings that I have recieved from them.

1 comment:

Geraldine said...

Amen to your words. I find my looking back at my choices and wonder where I would be if I had chosen different. You are the best.